The BlockBuster is a drop in Block N Load, appearing every at the 15, 25, 35 and 40 minute mark and after that every 5 minutes. Used correctly it is a game changer, the BlockBuster is something to fear as it gives attacking heroes a large advantage.
Before it Drops
Before the Blockbuster spawns in you will get an audio and visual cue, keep an eye out for the timer that appears on your HUD 1 minute before the Blockbuster spawns. The announcer will also announce that the Blockbuster is incoming.
When it Drops
As soon as the timer reaches 0, the BlockBuster descends from the Sky quickly hitting the middle of the map, from there on it's fair gain. The Blockbuster is surrounded with a protective shield, damage it with a Block Tool to break the shield and gain access to it. Once the shield is broken the Blockbuster acts as a pickup. Breaking the shield doesn't decide who gets the Blockbuster. Once it's a pick up both teams can still get it.
Where it drops
The BlockBuster will drop in one of three random locations around every arena. You will know which spot the BlockBuster will drop by looking at the minimap. The BlockBuster icon will appear where it will drop 30 seconds before it falls from the sky. It is important to know these three spots on each arena so that you are able to prepare for the boost.
Picking up the BlockBuster
When picking up the BlockBuster you're granted a damage reduction shield and world damage boost for 90 seconds and stays after dying. Note : Even if you are dead you will still get the Blockbuster boost if your team picks it up.
The table below lists the details on each "type" of Blockbuster and the benefits provided with each one.
|Dropping at 15 minutes, the BlockBuster Lite provides a 50% World Damage Boost.|
|Dropping at 25 minutes, the BlockBuster Classic provides a shield (50% damage reduction) and a 100% World Damage Boost|
|Dropping at 35 minutes, the BlockBuster Extreme provides a shield (50% damage reduction) and a 150% World Damage Boost|
|Dropping at 40 minutes and every 5 minutes afterwards, the BlockBuster Über provides a shield (50% damage reduction) and a 250% World Damage Boost|
Preparing for the BlockBuster
- Have your team prepared and if needed build a bridge to capture the BlockBuster, it will spawn in one of three spots in an arena.
- Stay alive and plan your attack
- Even if the enemy get to it first they still have to destroy the shield, while they're pre-occupied catch them off guard.
- Being straight below the BlockBuster and holding the spacebar is the easiest way ot obtain the boost.
Attacking with the BlockBuster
- With the additional benefits granted with the Boost use it as a chance to push forward massively.
- Stay alive and try to spread the time wisely, it only has a 90 second duration so time your run.
Defending against the BlockBuster
- The enemy will hit hard, and fast. Be prepared to deal with it accordingly.
- Pick off any enemies you can, the shield granted to them is tough to deal with.